In my research, I combine Bioinformatics and Systems Biology for translational research in systems medicine. I am working on the integrative workflows combining various computational methods with experimentation to understand phenomenon in molecular biology and medical problems.
In the current project, I am investigating the role of E2F signaling in tumor progression and metastasis using systems biology approaches. I am also developing computational methods to screen anti-metastatic drugs by investigating interactions between E2F1 and its cofactors.
One of my main research interests is to investigate the role of non-coding RNAs in the regulation of gene expression, signaling pathways and diseases. In particular I study functional mechanisms of post-transcriptional gene regulation by miRNAs and the role of miRNAs in the emergence and progression of human diseases, their interplay with the immune system along with their possible role as therapeutic targets or agents. Towards this, I am developing tools and workflows by integrating methods for miRNA target prediction, RNA secondary and 3D structure prediction, molecular dynamics simulations, and kinetic model interactions.
I am also working on several strategies to design personalized cancer immunotherapy by combining Immune-informatics, structural biology and systems biology approaches. I have developed a workflow to utilize patient specific mutation profile, HLA profile and various parameters identified from heterogeneous tumor cell populations for immunotherapy personalization.
Employment and Appointments
|2013 - to date||
Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Systems Biology & Bioinformatics, University of Rostock, Germany
|2011 - to date||
Senior Scientist (Bioinformatics), Systems Toxicology Group, CSIR - Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow India
|2007 - 2011||
Scientist (Bioinformatics), Systems Toxicology Group, CSIR - Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow India
|2009 - 2010||
Research Associate, Department of Systems Biology & Bioinformatics, University of Rostock, Germany
|2006 - 2007||
Senior Research Officer, Biomedical Information Centre, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow India
|2005 - 2006||
Director, The Bioinformatica Solutions, Society for Biological Research & Rural Development, Lucknow India
|2004 - 2005||
Senior Programmer, Biotech Park, Lucknow India
|2002 - 2004||
Research Assistant, Bioinformatics Centre, CSIR - Central Institute of Medicinal & Aromatic Plants, Lucknow India
- Consultancy services to Biologische Heilmittel Heel GmbH
Awards and Distinctions
- Adjunct Professorship, Bioinformatics, Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University, Bhilai, India, November 2017
- Awards to attend DFG-DAAD Seventh German Russian Week of the Young Researcher 2017
- Award for the "Model of the Month" from the BioModels database on the model submitted on Cooperative gene regulation by microRNA pairs. July 2014
- Young Scientist Award - 2011 by Council of Science & Technology, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Promoted to Senior Scientist (Bioinformatics) based on the work assessment within the minimum residency period at CSIR - Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow, India.
- Best Faculty Member (Bioinformatics) award by subDIC Bioinformatics centre, National Institute of Technology, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India.
|2014 – To date||Lectures on the construction of molecular interaction networks, network based analysis and graph theory to the Masters students in summer/ winter semesters|
|2013 – To date||Supervising / Co-supervising of Masters and Ph.D. students|